Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Darkest before the Dawn

The other day I was traveling home from a long trip. We had been traveling all night because we wanted to get home.  I relieved my husband of driving at 4:00 am. Only having a few hours of sleep myself, the oncoming lights on the other side of the highway made it had to see the road in front of me. At about 6:00 am, I found myself praying for dawn to show her face quickly as it had gotten darker and even harder to see the road and stay awake. In that moment, I was reminded of the saying, "It is always darkest before the dawn."

Sometimes in life we face things that can wear us out and make it hard to see the path in front of us. In those moments we need to remember God is with us and He said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b. 


As I continued to drive and dawn broke over the horizon, I felt more awake and was relieved to be able to see the road clearly. Even though it may seem that morning is taking a long time to come, we need to be relentless and push on to the goal.  Dawn is right around the turn.

1 comment: